Compuease offers complete Access Training at its Ottawa training centre. Our Access classes are led by trainers with practical experience using all the features of Access in business and government environments. Our trainers are friendly, approachable and extremely helpful.
Access 2010 is Microsoft’s flagship database application, design, and deployment software that enables you to keep track of your important information. You can keep your data on your computer or network, or you can publish to the Web so others can use your database with a web browser.
Access allows you to create tables, queries, forms and reports, and connect them together with macros. Advanced users can use VBA to write rich solutions with advanced data manipulation and user control. Access also has report creation features that you can use with any data source that Access can "access".
Many people benefit from using Access when their current program gradually becomes less fit for the task. For example, suppose you are an event planner wanting to keep track of all the details that make your events successful. If you use a word processor or spreadsheet program to do so, you can easily run into trouble with duplicate and inconsistent data. You can use calendaring software, but tracking financial information in a calendar isn't a good fit. If you want to create your own databases, or use Access databases created by others, you’ll benefit from our Access 2010 training.
Our Microsoft Access training courses will help you:
- Understand how relational databases work, and the best practices for designing them
- Learn how to structure your data in tables effectively
- Link tables together through queries to form useful datasets
- Control data entry through forms, making it easier and more effective for yourself and others
- Use subforms to display multiple dimensions of data on the same screen
- Get forms to do some of the work for you through macros
- Import data into your database from other sources
- Output data in various formats including on-screen, on paper, PDF and Excel
- And more…
All of our Access training classes are taught in downtown Ottawa using our computerized training environment. You will have the use of your own in-class computer and have the opportunity to follow along with practical hands-on exercises that get you involved in the learning process.
Our Access training classes are divided into 2 levels:
- This 2 day class gives novice or inexperienced users a well-rounded understanding of the major features of Access and how to use them to build your own database. You don't have to be a programmer to design a robust Web application or local database. Access includes a variety of templates to get you started in just a few clicks. Learn how to plan and create a database from the ground up or based on one of the many templates available. This course will show you the different features of the interface, give you a brief overview of all the tabs in the ribbon, show you how to design and construct a simple database, and cover the basics of using forms and reports. Make yourself more valuable by getting better results faster, creating multiple reports and tables, and connecting your information to your local SharePoint services. You will also learn how to create and manage database files as well as how to link to additional database resources. You will then cover tables, forms, reports, and queries in more depth. By the end of this course, you will be completely comfortable with creating and using simple databases, entering new data, and then managing the existing data. Yes, even you will be able to create and manage small databases.
- More and more organizations are using Microsoft Access to simplify their ever-expanding supply of data with minimal effort. Make yourself mission-critical with our advanced Level 2 course, in which you will explore new and advanced database concepts. Do you want to manage your inventory list or the sales and invoicing for your small business? Or do you need to report and share information more quickly and cost-effectively in your larger business? This is the course for you! You will cover advanced data management concepts, form tasks, PivotTables and PivotCharts, Windows and SharePoint tasks, and finally, macros and VBA. By the end of this Level 2 course, you will be comfortable managing and customizing Access 2010 to your liking. You will learn how to build relationships (no, not that kind…relationships between tables) and referential integrity as you become more proficient with advanced data management concepts. Really master your data management needs by progressing in your ability to use macros. One of the important new features in Access 2010 is the ability to associate data macros with fields in database tables. You will be able to simplify your databases and improve your data quality by learning how to use these powerful tools.
In trained hands Access can mean the difference between struggling with large sets of data and effortlessly bending that data to your will. Those with Access training are often sought after by organizations where employees who had created mission-critical applications in Access have departed. If you want to learn a new job skill that employers want, or if you want to make yourself invaluable in the job you already have, then your Access training from Compuease will get you on the right track.