Compuease offers complete PowerPoint Training at its Ottawa training centre. Our PowerPoint classes are led by trainers with practical experience using all the features of PowerPoint in business and government environments. Our friendly trainers know how to help you maximize your use of PowerPoint.
Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 is a presentation development program that enables you to create high-impact, dynamic presentations quickly. It is used by students, educators, and professionals as a way of sharing information and ideas in a slideshow format.
PowerPoint is full of features which allow you to present information in a concise and exciting manner. With this innovative program you will be able to create amazing slide presentations that can integrate images, video, narration, charts and more.
Our Microsoft PowerPoint training courses will help you:
- Identify PowerPoint screen elements and terms so you can use the program efficiently
- Bring more energy and visual impact to your presentations
- Organize text in your presentations by using outlines
- Display a consistent look by using and customizing themes and styles
- Enhance your presentations by using slide layouts and formatting tools
- Modify your presentations for a more organized display of information
- Polish presentations by adding SmartArt, ClipArt, and inserting pictures
- Add a personalized video or audio experience to your presentation
- Produce an instructive and enjoyable on-screen slide show
- Get things done faster
- And so much more…
All our PowerPoint training classes are taught in downtown Ottawa using our computerized training environment. You will have the use of your own in-class computer and have the opportunity to follow along with practical hands-on exercises to better retain what you are learning.
Our PowerPoint training classes are divided into 2 levels:
If you want to create basic slide show presentations that will be effective and easy for your audience to follow then this is the class for you. You will start by gaining an overview of the interface and how to modify the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, in addition to learning how to create new presentations and open existing files. You’ll learn how to edit and rearrange your slides to present your ideas in the clearest way possible. Speed up the production of your current and future presentations by learning how to explore the templates built into PowerPoint or by finding more online. You’ll see how to work effectively with text boxes and also how to format your text properly so that it is presented clearly when viewed on-screen. PowerPoint has a number of different views built in, so you’ll want to learn how to make good use of each of them. And of course you’ll learn how to add some of those finishing touches to your slideshow, such as themes, headers and footers, and modifying the orientation as necessary in order to make navigating through your slideshow as fluid as possible. Transform words into impressive visuals that better illustrate your ideas. Make your presentations not only informative but also visually stunning by adding shapes, artwork and pictures to your slides. Printing handouts in PowerPoint creates a take-home package of the presentation for your audience and also allows them to take notes during your presentation. You’ll learn how to print these so your audience can have something to remember you and your department by long after your presentation has finished.
- Our Level 2 course covers advanced topics and explores many of the more potent features of PowerPoint. You’ll be able to add more finishing touches by using the research tools available in the program, as well as building on themes and backgrounds to ensure your presentations are consistent and engaging. Make sure your PowerPoint presentations are never boring by learning how to add transitions between the slides in your presentations. There are many transitions to choose from; you’ll see how you can employ amazing effects, adjust timings, and even add sound. In PowerPoint you can animate text and objects such as clip art, shapes, and pictures on your slides. Animation, or movement, on your slides can be used to draw the audience's attention to specific content or to make the slide easier to read. In our Level 2 class, you will learn how to animate text and objects on slides using built-in and custom animation effects that look similar to the effects that you would see on TV. You’ll learn to add basic and advanced animations to your slideshows, as well as to incorporate objects such as diagrams, charts and tables. Did you know that PowerPoint allows you to insert a video directly into your presentation? You can even edit the video within PowerPoint and customize its appearance with a Video Style. You’ll learn all about the power of using slide masters to unify your production, as well as how to review your presentations and to create advanced shows that will grab your audience’s attention and keep it. Our class will even show you some advanced presentation techniques, including creating a video and packaging your presentation for distribution on a CD or on the Internet.
Whether you want to demonstrate a new idea or product to your colleagues, educate a room of professionals or students, or simply dazzle your friends with an impressive slideshow of your European vacation, our PowerPoint 2010 classes are just what you’re looking for. Allow Compuease to empower you to make all your presentations memorable ones that will impress and impart useful information clearly and concisely.