Compuease offers complete Project Training at its Ottawa training centre. Our Project classes are led by trainers with practical experience using all the features of Project in business and government environments. Our helpful trainers take a personal interest in your success and work hard to teach you what you need to know.
Microsoft Project is a project management software program which is designed to assist a project manager in developing a plan, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads. While it can handle enormous projects with myriad components, it can be equally useful for managing the types of small-scale projects that modestly sized non-profits and charities often tackle.
Project offers a tremendous wealth of functionality; however, it probably isn't like any other software you've ever used, so mastering it can seem daunting. Project management is one of the most in-demand skills in the business world, and being proficient in Microsoft Project is crucial to your success. The Project training provided by Compuease will enable you to utilize this powerful tool to its full potential, and yours!
Our Microsoft Project training courses will help you:
- Resolve resource conflicts by modifying assignments and changing scheduling
- Create a project schedule so you can be ready to start the project and track any progress on it
- Increase the number of auto-scheduled tasks in your project plan
- Modify dependencies so that tasks can start sooner, if possible
- Create overlapping dependencies when appropriate
- Reduce the amount of slack on individual tasks
- Add resources to auto-scheduled effort-driven tasks to have them finish earlier
- Get things done faster, on budget and on time
- Manage multiple projects at once
- And much more…
All our Project training classes are taught in downtown Ottawa using our modern computer lab. There you will get to participate in your class using a computer provided just for you on which you can use practical exercises to reinforce what you are learning.
Our Project training classes are divided into 2 levels:
- Our Level 1 Project course is for you if you want to get started with understanding and using this robust project-management platform. Its two-day length gives you ample time to get comfortable in this unique program. You will learn about its interface and how to interact with it, along with gaining an understanding of what the Gantt chart view is all about. Then you will learn how to manage and switch between various Project files, before starting to plan and create your own project. You’ll be learning to use templates to speed up your work and also working extensively with tasks and their options. In olden days a milestone was literally a stone that marked a point in the road; for project managers and team members, milestones mark points in a project. But project milestones don't measure distance. Instead, they highlight important events, such as the completion of a phase, a delivery of materials, or a payment for work performed. You’ll learn how to create these milestones, along with constraints and deadlines, so that your project can be kept on track. You will walk through setting up your own projects and making sure your start and finish dates are set, a company calendar is applied and a project summary task is set up for tracking the entire project. Setting up your plan correctly is paramount to project tracking and success. You’ll discover how to print and view your project, change how you view data, and also how to send your project out into the world. Track budgeting and resource allocation accurately by acquiring the ability to set up your resources and manage your activities. You can’t expect every project to run perfectly, so you will also discover how Microsoft Project can help you handle those resource conflicts that invariably try to upset your best-laid plans. This class will also show you how to determine the critical path of your project, how to set baselines for tracking purposes and anything else necessary to begin the execution of a project.
- Our Level 2 advanced course is intended to help everyday computer users and managers understand advanced concepts in Microsoft Project. This course will also help you if you’re a more experienced user who has little experience with reports, WBS code, shapes, and macros in Project. The class will cover how to use advanced Project features, including variances and WBS codes. While working on a project, especially a larger one, you will almost certainly want to create a report on it. Be known as a team member who communicates well by learning how to use the many tools that allow you to summarize and organize key parts of your project. In our Level 2 class you will grasp how to create both text and visual-based reports. Although the Gantt chart view is probably the most popular and widely used within Microsoft Project, another way to express task relationships is to use the Network Diagram view when planning and reporting. Did you know that the Network Diagram view can be highly customized and improved quickly? We will show you how. After mastering Project by enrolling in our courses you’ll almost certainly be given more projects to run, so you’d better pay attention to the section on how to manage multiple projects! And we all want to save time wherever we can, so you will also learn to create and run macros to automate some of the more repetitive tasks you need to complete. By the end of this class, you will be comfortable creating a report, editing an existing project, calculating project costs, using multiple project files at once, and so much more.
Project management is all about saving time and money by better use of resources and abilities. Your Compuease Project training will allow you to excel at the smooth implementation of whatever project you may be assigned to develop and run.