This course is intended to expose the students to the technology of DAX and to familiarize them with functionality of DAX at an advanced level to produce sophisticated DAX calculations by use of the functions of DAX. This course is based on Excel Professional 2013 or higher.
Upon completing this course students will have the ability to utilize and implement DAX functions. They will explore the different parts that make up the DAX formula and cover errors they may encounter. Students will get clarification on more advanced DAX concepts and explore how to work with dates and utilize Time Intelligence. In the final section they will cover many-to-many relationships and demonstrate their use, along with exploring banding and DAX query capabilities. By the end of this course students will:
- Explain and utilize DAX data types and operator overloading.
- Explain and utilize DAX operators.
- Explain and utilize DAX values.
- Understand and utilize PowerPivot Data Model.
- Explain error handling.
- Explain and utilize mathematical functions.
- Explain and utilize statistical functions.
- Explain and utilize information functions.
- Explain and utilize text functions.
- Explain and utilize conversion functions.
- Explain and utilize aggregation functions.
- Explain and utilize relational functions.
- Explain and utilize the CALCULATE function.
- Explain and utilize filter functions.
- Explain and utilize single table evaluation context.
- Explain and utilize multiple table evaluation context.
- Create and configure calculated fields.
- Create and configure calculated columns.
- Explain and utilize date functions.
- Explain and utilize working with calendars.
- Explain and utilize using multiple calendars.
- Create and configure date calculations.
- Explain and utilize many-to-many relationships.
- Explain and utilize banding.
- Explain and utilize EVALUATE.
- Explain and utilize advanced DAX capabilities.
- Explain the benefits of DAX Studio.
This course is intended for Power Users, Business Intelligence Developers, and IT Professionals that will be involved with the development of Excel PowerPivot queries and tabular modeling.
Section 1: Introduction to DAX
Introduction to DAX
Exploring Data Types
PowerPivot Data Model
Section 2: Using DAX Functions
Section 3: Understanding Evaluation Contexts
The CALCULATE Function
Single Table Evaluation Context
Multiple Table Evaluation Context
Section 4: Working with Dates
Working with Calendars
Using Multiple Calendars
Section 5: Utilizing Advanced DAX Functionality
Simplifying Your Life with DAX Studio
Guaranteed to Run
Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 2 Days
What You Get:
Training includes 1 course manual, a Certificate of completion, and a voucher for 30 days of After Training Support