Microsoft Excel Power BI transforms your company data into rich visuals that facilitate new ways of thinking about and organizing your data, so that you can focus on what is important to achieving your goals. This course covers both Excel Power BI Online, Power BI desktop and the technology of DAX. This course is based on Excel Professional 2013 or higher.
Upon completing this course students will have the ability to utilize and implement the concepts learned. Students will have a basic understanding of the below topics:
- Power BI
- Power BI Desktop
- Working with CSV, TXT, and Excel Worksheets
- Connecting to Databases
- Merging, Grouping, Summarizing, and Calculating Data
- Power BI Online
- Explain and utilize DAX data types and operator overloading.
- Explain and utilize DAX operators.
- Explain and utilize DAX values.
- Understand and utilize PowerPivot Data Model.
- Explain error handling.
- Explain and utilize mathematical functions.
- Explain and utilize statistical functions.
- Explain and utilize information functions.
- Explain and utilize text functions.
- Explain and utilize conversion functions.
- Explain and utilize aggregation functions.
- Explain and utilize relational functions.
- Explain and utilize the CALCULATE function.
- Explain and utilize filter functions.
- Explain and utilize single table evaluation context.
- Explain and utilize multiple table evaluation context.
- Create and configure calculated fields.
- Create and configure calculated columns.
- Explain and utilize date functions.
- Explain and utilize working with calendars.
- Explain and utilize using multiple calendars.
- Create and configure date calculations.
- Explain and utilize many-to-many relationships.
- Explain and utilize banding.
- Explain and utilize EVALUATE.
- Explain and utilize advanced DAX capabilities.
- Explain the benefits of DAX Studio.
This course is intended for Business Managers, Report Developers, Analysts, Project Managers and Team Leads.
Section 1: Power BI
What is Power BI?
Examining Power BI Suite of Products
Identifying Differences Between Products
Understanding Power BI Updates
Section 2: Power BI Desktop
Installing Power BI Desktop
Exploring the Power BI Desktop Interface
Utilizing File Types; PBIX vs PBIT
Examining Data Sources
Discussing Data Refresh
Understanding Data Types
Section 3: Working with Csv, Txt and Excel Worksheets
Working with Folders and Files
Using Pivot Tables
Section 4: Connecting to Databases
Working with Relational Data
Importing from SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional and Tabular
Section 5: Merging, Grouping, Summarizing, and Calculating Data
Understanding the Issues with Merges
Section 6: Reporting
Utilizing the Matrix Visualization
Utilizing the Map Visualization
Utilizing the Card Visualization
Utilizing the Chart Visualization
Publishing to Power BI Online
Section 7: Power BI Online
Introduction to Power BI Online
Sharing Reports and Dashboards
Exploring Power BI Mobile
Microsoft Power BI Interactive Data Visualizations
Section 8: Introduction to DAX
Introduction to DAX
Exploring Data Types
PowerPivot Data Model
Section 9: Using DAX Functions
Section 10: Understanding Evaluation Contexts
The CALCULATE Function
Single Table Evaluation Context
Multiple Table Evaluation Context
Section 11: Working with Dates
Working with Calendars
Using Multiple Calendars
Section 12: Utilizing Advanced DAX Functionality
Simplifying Your Life with DAX Studio
Guaranteed to Run
Time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 4 Days
What You Get:
Training includes 1 course manual, a Certificate of completion, and a voucher for 30 days of After Training Support